INTERSOS is an organization that helps people in South Sudan who are affected by natural disasters, wars, and exclusion. They believe in principles like fairness, justice, treating people with respect, and giving everyone the same chances.
- Job Title: Project Manager – AICS
- Location: Juba and Eastern Equatoria
- Start Date: 01/11/2023
- Contract Length: 12 months
- Supervisor: Programme Coordinator
- Team Managed: Field Team
- Family Dependents: Not allowed
About the Project:
In South Sudan, many people still need help because of problems like wars and disasters. This has become worse because there is not enough money for humanitarian work. The COVID-19 virus has made things even harder, especially for people living in crowded and unclean places.
The virus has caused many problems, like closing borders and services. This has made it difficult for vulnerable people to get food and medical care. Before the virus, South Sudan already had many children who were very hungry, and the floods in 2020 made it even worse.
This job is about making sure that a project run by the AICS – Italian cooperation is successful in Kapoeta East, Eastern Equatoria, and other places. By the end of the job, the person should have:
- Helped children in the project get good education.
- Managed the AICS team well, including hiring, paying, and training them.
- Made sure the project is good in all places.
- Managed the money for the project.
- Collected data for reports.
- Found new money for projects.
- Made friends with other groups and organizations.
- Talked with the AICS – Italian cooperation often.
- Make sure the project works well and is on time.
- Take care of the project’s money and budgets.
- Check if everything is working right in the field.
- Teach and help the INTERSOS team.
- Work with the Protection team.
- Give reports on time.
- Talk to other groups and the government.
- Work with other INTERSOS teams.
- Hire and train new team members.
- Education: A university degree in education or social science.
- Experience: At least 3 years as a Project Manager, and it’s even better if you’ve worked with AICS before.
- Skills: You should be ready to travel around South Sudan for work and speak English and Italian very well. You should also be able to adapt to living in remote places.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested, you can apply through this link. The application process is easy and has three steps. You’ll need to register, sign up, and attach your CV and a letter explaining why you want the job in PDF format. If you have problems with the website, you can email your CV and letter in PDF to email@example.com with the subject line “Platform issue – SR-XXXX – Position”. Also, provide the names and contact details of at least two references who aren’t family members.
Only the people who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.