Tearfund is looking for someone to lead its programs in South Sudan. This job is important for helping people who are very poor.
What You’ll Do:
You will be the Country Director (CD). This means you will lead, manage, find money, talk to important people, and make plans for Tearfund in South Sudan. You will work in Juba, the capital of South Sudan. Your job is to make sure that Tearfund’s plans in South Sudan match Tearfund’s goals and rules. You will also talk to other groups like the United Nations and the government. You will work with churches and help make changes in South Sudan that are good for Tearfund’s goals.
You will also make sure Tearfund’s staff in South Sudan are safe and healthy.
- Lead the Teams: You will be a good leader and help the people you work with.
- Manage the Teams: You will be in charge of the people you work with and help them do their best.
- Find Money: You will look for ways to get money to do Tearfund’s work in South Sudan.
- Use Money Wisely: You will make sure Tearfund’s money is used well and follow the rules.
- Talk to Important People: You will speak to other groups and make sure Tearfund’s goals are known.
- Help the Church: You will work with churches and make good changes in South Sudan.
- Keep People Safe: You will make sure Tearfund’s staff are safe and healthy.
What You Need:
- You should have a degree in a subject about helping people or leading groups.
- You should have worked in a high-level job where you lead people and money.
- You should be very good at English, speaking and writing.
- You should know how to get money for projects.
- You should know the rules for doing good work.
- You should have helped a group grow and change.
- You should know how to work with churches and help when there is a disaster.
If you think you can do this job, please read the job description here.
Important Note: You must believe in Tearfund’s Christian ideas to apply. They will also check if you have done anything bad in the past. This is to make sure you are not a danger.